On Cerro San Cristobal
The Zoo spread over 4.8 hectares boasts several interesting exhibitions:
- Rheas, omnivorous, flightless birds native to the South American continent.
- Big cats including lions, jaguars, cougars and tigers.
- Pudu, the world’s smallest deer and considered highly endangered.
- Llamas, guanacos and vicunas, ruminants native to the continent.
- Zoocine, a small theatre where visitors can watch nature documentaries and short movies on conservation as well as the various animals in the zoo
The zoo also has designated zones like an aviary for several species of birds from around the world, a reptile zone for snakes and lizards as well as a display for Humboldt penguins.